Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Flickers When Watching Netflix

Got a 13" Macbook Pro with Retina Display a few months ago. Still new to the Macbook so don't know a whole lot about it. But I have noticed while watching Netflix, the screen will flicker. I notice it when the screen is dark. It will light up bright and then go back down to where it should be. It just kind of flashes. Don't really notice it on lighter screen scenes but it happens every few seconds on the darker scenes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2017 5:46 AM

I saw someone who had the same issue, but not on a Mac. The answer, which according to a lot of people worked is.

User uploaded file

Source:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hi-my-screen-is-fl ickering-while-playing-Netflix-movies/td…

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Hayden_S

Greetings Hayden_S,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are noticing some screen flickering while on dark screens, such as watching Netflix. In this situation, I would recommend working through the No video or no signal, image distortion, "snow," or flickering section of the attached article for help resolving this issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Screen Flickers When Watching Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.