Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reformatted my computer (a Macbook from 2008) and now iTunes is not recognizing my iPhone to be able to sync it. I understand it's as if it's a new computer, but there has to be a way to give me the option to re-sync. Thanks!

I reformatted my computer (a Macbook from 2008) and now iTunes is not recognizing my iPhone to be able to sync it. I understand it's as if it's a new computer, but there has to be a way to give me the option to re-sync. The phone does charge, and iTunes and iPhoto both open when I plug it in, and the pictures from the iPhone even load into iPhoto, but in iTunes the iPhone doesn't show up at all.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 8:23 AM in response to callliope

Hey callliope,

I understand that you are not seeing your device in iTunes on your Mac, even though iTunes is opening automatically and it seems that your device is seen by iPhoto. Here is an article that may help you find the device, especially if you have recently updated to iTunes 12:

Locate and view your connected device in iTunes - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203060

iTunes 12

View your device by clicking on the device's icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.

User uploaded file

If you still cannot find the device, use the information in the following article to help you troubleshoot:

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203979

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

I reformatted my computer (a Macbook from 2008) and now iTunes is not recognizing my iPhone to be able to sync it. I understand it's as if it's a new computer, but there has to be a way to give me the option to re-sync. Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.