Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade of work ProVideo codecs before the OS upgrade.

Why is the Create Archive button dimmed in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 running Yosemite 10.10.2?

I created an archive of similar .mts files on my home laptop w/ same current appstore version of FCPro X.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 8 gb RAM 2.9 ghz i7 CPU 750 gb HD

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 2:55 PM in response to FCProCertLvl1

I think these are mpeg files in the .mts wrapper from a Sony high production camera - already downloaded to a HD.

My home import of AVCHD media in a .mts wrapper I may be misremembering as that was from a Sony consumer model. I do have that archived.

The work machine I am troubleshooting just shows a dimmed button no matter whichever file format I point the import browser towards. Never seen that b4.

Software update is not asking for more video codecs.

-Please advise

Mar 4, 2015 3:01 PM in response to FCProCertLvl1

If the application can import the video then the codecs are updated and has nothing to do with archiving. To create an archive the media has to be in a folder structure with the camera metadata. If it's not there, if it's just the files, then it's simply importing from the hard drive and is not something you can archive.

Andreas Kiel spherico.com has a utility that lets you create a sparse bundle that acts like a camera card and that can be made into an archive.

Mar 10, 2015 2:48 PM in response to FCProCertLvl1

I took the weekend for archiving workflows, and I got 1 completed FCPro X archive, another 1 that failed to successfully complete according to an error msg but opens nonetheless as an FCPro X archive. All the others either did not move in the sidebar to the Cameras heading, or were erased b4 they could complete their save to Archive .fdr.

The spheric.com page is useful enough as a resource. oh well.

-Regards

upgrade of work ProVideo codecs before the OS upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.