Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id/ icould family sharing

I was hoping someone could help me or point me in the right direction. I have been using my old mobile me account converted into icloud account for my phone (thankfully paid for by work) on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini. Before family sharing was available, I wanted my wife and 2 children to be able to use the apps/music/movies that I had already purchased, so I set them all up on their phones using my apple id (not my icloud ID). It did create some issues w/ calendar, contact and photo stream sharing as you might imagine, but overall it was fine. Now with family sharing, I would like to give each of them their own icloud account, but use family sharing so we can all use the same app/music. How do I switch them? I have already made sure to do a back up to the cloud, but when I go to settings-->icloud and try to sign out, it warns me that everything on the specific phone that is from the cloud will be deleted from the phone. I don't want them to lose that data. What should I do? Should I back up the info to the computer, instead of the icloud? Last question, is there anyway to have them share my icloud for storage, documents, etc? I am paying for a 200g cloud, it seems that the whole family should be able to use this. Sorry for the long question 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 1:37 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:42 AM in response to zoebendad

Hello zoebendad,

First off all, yes I would recommend using your computer for a back up and storing all the valuable information (iMazing.com) is also a great tool for exporting and storing almost everything from your phone(s) on your computer.

Secondly, unfortunately you cannot share one iCloud storage plan between family members and another thing I would like to mention before you are switching from your current Apple ID model to family sharing: Please note, that thing you buy via "in-app purchase" cannot be shared amongst family members.

With kind regards,

David

apple id/ icould family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.