Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to convert purchases from my AOL id to my current Apple ID. how do I do this?

I already have an Apple ID. I must convert my purchases made with my AOL ID to an apple ID. However, when I try to do so, I am only given the option to create a new Apple ID for my AOL purchases. How do I convert my purchases made with my AOL ID to my existing Apple ID?

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:53 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 8:36 AM in response to betsyim

Hi betsyim,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds to me like you have two separate Apple IDs that each has its own set of purchases and you would like to merge them together under one Apple ID. If this is the case, please refer to the attached article for more information.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

If you are wondering how using multiple Apple IDs relate to iCloud, see Apple IDs and iCloud.

Best regards,

Joe

Mar 7, 2015 10:56 AM in response to AppleJoe

I am also trying to convert my AOL ID. During the process it asks me for email address, which becomes my Apple ID. I only have one email address... which already has an Apple ID associated with it. So I am now stuck! If I can't 'merge' purchases made in the past with my AOL ID to my current Apple ID, what happens to the music from my AOL ID account? I still listen to it all the time!

I want to convert purchases from my AOL id to my current Apple ID. how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.