Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service ‘Apple Mobile Device’ (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. and 'iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 193)

Hi!

So i think i closed the wrong service at some point a few weeks back (apple mobile device) but iTunes remained working after that for another week. I then updated iTunes and i get the same "Service ‘Apple Mobile Device’ (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." every time. If i click ignore, just so i can access iTunes with out syncing my iPod (touch 2nd gen) i then get 'iTunes was not installed correctly. Please re-install iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 193)" when it has all installed. I don't understand what the problem is anymore as I have looked at other questions on the apple website, carried out the advice and it hasn't work. Any of them.

Tings I have done:

- Wiped all iTunes and Apple data from my computer (if you search for 'iTunes' or 'Apple' nothing comes up apart from applets from system code.

- Attached iPod before iTunes install and updated drivers.

- Installed iTunes as 'Run as administrator'

- Uninstalled and re-installed the software nearly 20 times now and rebooted the computer in between everytime.

Please someone help because i really need to get music on my ipod and i enjoy the ease of use of iTunes compared to spotify or Windows Media Player.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 2:11 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 6:21 PM in response to rhysfromburgess hill

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

Regarding AMDS failures there is a hint in another thread that disabling the Windows Firewall before attempting to reinstall may help, otherwise take a look at the steps outlined in this post. Re: Can't install iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit. I know they look a little daunting, but the process of generating the logs themselves isn't that hard to do. Extracting useful information from them is still a challenge but maybe something will leap out. If you want to post the log for the failed components for me to have a look at here or in the other thread please edit out any personal information, particularly your email address, first.

tt2

Service ‘Apple Mobile Device’ (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. and 'iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 193)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.