Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor doesn't disappear during movie in iTunes

Since upgrading to Yosemite my cursor will not disappear from the screen while a movie plays in full screen mode on iTunes. The movie with play and I movie the cursor out of the way and if disappears for a few seconds, then pops right back into the middle of the screen. I don't have any devices connected to my MacBook which would move the mouse so I really don't know what's causing this. The cursor will disappear if I play a movie on full screen view with a dvd or Netflix, but not iTunes. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 7:11 PM

I am having the same problem. It's highly annoying. Turned off blutooth and therefore disabled the external trackpad and restarted iTunes. Didn't work.

11 replies

Mar 6, 2016 5:37 AM in response to Surge74

With a Mac Mini your suggestions don't seem to really make at all that much sense. And also it is rather clear that you don't have any clue as to what's causing the problem, other that it's a bug in iTunes - clearly. This problem doesn't appear with other players, such as VLC or browser based ones like Netflix.

If I made sure I don't have an external keyboard connected, I would get the connectivity helper thing advising me to connect a keyboard.

But then again, you're just assuming everyone is using a laptop?

Mar 6, 2016 8:14 PM in response to Surge74

Trying without actually knowing a thing you're talking about is just wasting your time and the time of others.

Since you didn't actually know what's causing the problem, you would've been better off not 'trying to help' at all - just suggesting to try this and that random things is really wasting other people's time and diverting everyone from finding the real cause of the problem.

I guess I could be sorry for making you so angry, but then again you should really just look into the mirror - I'm not the one being a line of asterisks here. I'm not here to have polite conversations but to find answers - you might find other places more fruitful for your urges to have nice conversations and small talk.

Cursor doesn't disappear during movie in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.