Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone says I have 5 app store updates. I press update and the wheel just spins and it never updates. the Icon stays black like its updating, but in never does

my iPhone says I have 5 app store updates. I press update and the wheel just spins and it never

updates. the Icon stays black like its updating, but in never does

iPhone 4, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:36 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 7:46 AM in response to Donna Holtby

Hello Donna,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues completing your app updates, you may want to make sure you can otherwise access the iTunes Store/iOS App Store. You may want to try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the iOS version listing in your post profile is correct (iOS 8.0.2), you may also want to make sure that your iPhone is updated to the most recent version of iOS:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

my iPhone says I have 5 app store updates. I press update and the wheel just spins and it never updates. the Icon stays black like its updating, but in never does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.