Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new appletv always makes me reactivate youtube to view add/view a subscription.

YouTube app on new appleTV always makes me have to activate to view or add a subscription. Can I not add a subscription as I am on YouTube? I then run to my laptop and enter the code and then it works,

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 7:45 AM in response to Bravo4

Hey Bravo4,

I see that you may be experiencing issues on your Apple TV that require you to activate the Apple TV every time you wish to subscribe to a YouTube channel. This seems like it may be an issue with the YouTube app. Here is an article for you with some information about contacting troubleshooting this issue:

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT200072

If you have activation issues with a content provider

• Some content providers require that you activate your Apple TV with their service. Depending on the content provider, these steps can differ. Follow the onscreen instructions on your Apple TV during activation.
  • Some content providers might occasionally require you to reactivate your Apple TV.
  • Some content providers might require a subscription or an additional account to access content. This can include service with a cable or satellite provider. You can find more information on the content provider's site.

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

My new appletv always makes me reactivate youtube to view add/view a subscription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.