Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail not uploading messages to gmail

I have been trying to figure out the best way to move a bunch of old PST files into gmail. I turned on IMAP on gmail and connected my Mac Mail account to it successfully (all of my gmail messages downloaded to Mac Mail).

I've converted the PSTs and loaded them into Mac Mail. I'm able to see all of the messages in their different folders. I have been dragging messages from the local folders to various gmail folders. Sometimes, the messages are uploaded and I am able to find them in gmail afterwards. Generally, I've noticed that when the messages take a long time to process, they are being uploaded.

Sometimes, however (especially when I select and try to move a lot of messages), the messages appear to process very quickly (about 10 per second) - and I see the Google "All Mail" unread counter increment quickly. Then, I am unable to find those messages in gmail - they are not being copied up to gmail. I've tried clicking "Sync Gmail" and taking all accounts offline and then online, and nothing seems to force the messages to upload.

Anyone have any help they can offer?

-John

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 4:46 PM in response to John Girard

I don't know that Gmail can actually do that and I can't test since I do not have a Gmail account.

However, a thought occurred to me: could you simply send or forward them to your Gmail account (make sure that they stay there rather than being downloaded, so turn off the automatic checking for mail temporarily until you can sort them on the Gmail website into other folders).

Mac mail not uploading messages to gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.