Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music will play but I get no sound on iTunes.

MUsic will play but I get no sound on iTunes. Checked everything I can think of.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2, Air 2

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:58 PM

18 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:12 PM in response to Sarge538

Need a lot more info. Not sure what you mean Music will play but no sound on iTunes. Do you mean when you play your music from the Music app it plays, but when you go to the iTunes Store and play snippets of potential purchases you cannot hear them? Or do you mean when you play music in your Music App that you cannot hear them?

Also, checked everything is not helpful. There is no point in us providing you with possible troubleshooting steps if you have already tried them. Please itemize what you have already done.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 4, 2015 8:33 PM in response to Sarge538

Oh, bummer....I was thinking about the YouTube videos on my Mac.... 😟 Sorry. I checked the YouTube app on my iPhone, and you are absolutely correct - no volume option there.

So, you can try resetting your device (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Slide to Unlock screen redisplays, check to see if the YouTube videos are working yet.

You can also delete the app and re-download it to see if that will fix the issue.

Cheers,

GB

Music will play but I get no sound on iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.