Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old mixed CDs

I have some old mixed cds, when I upload them to iTunes and play them back there's a 3 second gap at the end of very track. How do I stop this?

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:15 PM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Lashers

In general, iTunes will play albums exactly as they would be on a CD player. Do you hear the same gaps when you play the CD itself? There is a "gapless audio" setting in iTunes, though not one that's user-accessible. However, this doesn't create or remove gaps between songs, rather it overrides any setting of the Crossfade Songs option in Edit > Preferences > Playback. It may be worth verifying that this is unchecked and see if that resolves the issue.

Mar 4, 2015 3:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It is possible that there was a setting in older versions of iTunes but there's nothing there in 12.1 (the only available setting is for error correction on/off, unless there's something cunningly concealed in a preferences file somewhere). I'm not sure that its relevant in this case but some of the software utilities used to copy audio CDs either automatically or by default add a two-second gap between tracks. I'm pretty sure I've seen this issue in iTunes reported before but don't recall there being a resolution to it 😟 - or, indeed, for reports that iTunes eliminates gaps between tracks that some users want to be there ...

Lashers - are these commercial, purchased CDs or of some other origin?

Old mixed CDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.