Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does not find my iPhone or iPad on wifi

I am constantly having problems syncing my iPhone or iPad to iTunes. Somedays it works fine and other days iTunes does not even know I have any other devices...... very very very irritating. What can I do to resolve this? I have rebooted all machines. I have synced with a cable. Once back on wifi woooops device gone no sync no find iTunes does not even want to know about this device no more.....

iOS 8.1.3

iTunes 12.1

iPhone 6

iPad 3

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:36 PM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Springbk

I have same set up and same problem.

Airport Extreme latest firmware

iPad Air latest IOS

iTunes 12.1.0.50

MacBok Pro Yosemite 10.10.3

I alway have problems with iPad syncing. Same problem was with iPad2 and now with Air.

Interestingly my old iPod shows up in iTunes all the time.

Just fed up that all this expensive stuff is not working properly!

Jan 11, 2016 11:20 AM in response to Forgewire

I have spent hours on the phone with apple support and no one has yet to figure this out. This has to be an ongoing problem and it kills me that we pay this kind of money for this equipment and something simple as wi-fi sync can not connect. Forget about it working once it is connected, it wont even connect. My iPad Air always connected. After spending about an hour on the phone with support and resetting and rebooting and all the other crap you have to do to troubleshoot now my iPad will not connect. So frustrating. COME ON APPLE. Get this fixed.

Houston

Mar 7, 2016 9:42 AM in response to htown

ipad pro and 6+ will not connect to itunes via wifi any longer....sync cable works fine...unplug it and it all disappears...anyone having problems recently...i've rebooted everything, checked and unchecked and resynced etc etc....not new to this....but now it just wont see it w/o cable....

any ideas?

iTunes does not find my iPhone or iPad on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.