Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 all of a sudden has trouble streaming. I stream from my desktop computer's iTunes for movies, and tonight it started stopping randomly mid movie and saying it wasn't connected. Any ideas? Router? ATV dying?

Apple TV 2 all of a sudden has trouble streaming. I stream from my desktop computer's iTunes for movies, and tonight it started stopping randomly mid movie and saying it wasn't connected. Any ideas? Router? ATV dying?

It just says not connected, and as soon as it bails to menu, it connects again and will play for another minute before doing the same thing all over again.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 7:13 AM in response to davidfromcottage grove

Hello David,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your Apple TV is having trouble streaming videos from iTunes on your computer. This symptom could have a variety of causes, and I'd suggest the following initial troubleshooting steps.

In addition to restarting your devices (Apple TV, computer, router), try the tips in this article, starting with "Check your home network:"

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting playback performance - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.