Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Send reset security info email to [rescue email address] is not showing on my account

The Send reset security info email to [rescue email address] is not showing on my account

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 5:24 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 11:03 PM in response to brockfromyellowknife

I you aren't getting the reset link then you don't have a rescue email address on your account (an alternate email address is different), and you won't be able to add one until you can answer your questions - you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

When they've been reset you can then add a rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.