Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restart download of a movie rental

Purchased a movie rental but download stopped before it completed. Can't figure out how to restart the download.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:00 AM

Hi HaloEleven,

If the download of a rented iTunes movie was interrupted, then please follow the information in the article below to resume the download.

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 4:57 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I cannot get these instructions to work for me. The rental doesn't show up in my Purchased/Download area of the iTunes Store on the iPad from which I rented the movie. When I "Check for Available Downloads" on iTunes for Windows, it says all purchases for the Apple ID have been downloaded but it does not appear in my Movies tab. I received an invoice saying that I was charged for the rental.

Michael

Oct 21, 2015 1:51 AM in response to HaloEleven

This may be helpful to someone who has this issue in the future:

When I tried to go to "Downloads" in the iTunes store app as mentioned in alex_h1's link, there was no Downloads section at the bottom, only "Purchased." After trying for a while to figure out how to restart the download (also tried the same things as HaloEleven), I decided to just re-rent the movie. When I tried to buy it again in iTunes, a popup came up saying that I had already purchased it, but hadn't downloaded it, and to go to "Downloads" to manage downloads. I clicked OK, and was automatically brought to the Downloads section in iTunes, which now appeared at the bottom of the iTunes store (and disappeared again after the download finished).

How to restart download of a movie rental

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.