Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i enable my ipad if its disabled and i havent syced it before?

i forgot the password to my iPad mini (16gb i think)and it says connect to iTunes. yet i haven't synced this iPad before, onto either of my computers, i have plugged it into my laptop may times it still doesn't come up with the options to sync, even though it does for my iPhone. i have check several other websites for answers but as they have the same advice i have been given through apple im not sure what i should do.

i would like to know as i use this ipad with my education & some work on there i will be needing in a few weeks time.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:39 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 11:17 PM in response to daisyrothery1

If it's disabled then it's too late to take a new backup or to copy any content of it, you will need to connect it to a computer's iTunes and reset it back to factory defaults : Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support - you may have to use the 'recovery mode' section on that page.

If you haven't synced it to a computer, then have you been backing up to the cloud ? If you have then you should be able to restore to that backup after resetting the iPad (after resetting it you may need to do Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings so that you can get to the iOS setup assistant and be able to select and restore to the backup).

If not then the store purchases that you can redownload for free will show in the Purchased tabs in the iTunes, App Store and iBooks apps.

how can i enable my ipad if its disabled and i havent syced it before?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.