Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY CANT I POST TABLES INTO PAGES?

I keep trying to post a table from the internet application "Statcrunch 5.0" into pages, but every time it only pastes the values and removes the borders of the table, making the data ridiculously confusing.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:12 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 9:18 AM in response to YEG6

It's not unusual for something to appear as a table on a web page but not really be a table, either tab- or comma-delimited. Try turning on invisibles in Pages to see what the separators are.

Also, please do us all a favor & don't use all capitals in your posts, either the body of the post or the title. All caps is the internet equivalent of shouting & is very hard to read.

Mar 5, 2015 10:58 AM in response to YEG6

Just a footnote to this thread.

I hand-created a pure HTML, 4x6 table without any div containers, or CSS. Looks like this, unadorned in Safari.

User uploaded file

From the Pages v5.2.2 document toolbar, I added a table, and adjusted it down to a 1x2 example. I used a number automatic data format for the first cell. In the second cell, I created a custom, comma-delimited, number data format.

I then used paste and match style into the first cell (A1) of the table, which then automatically expanded to 5x6 table, that applied the formatting that I assigned to the original Pages table cells. As cleanup, I selected the header row, chose to center align, and bold the column labels. Done. Looks like this.

User uploaded file

The above technique did not work well for a different HTML table with div containers, and heavy CSS styling.

WHY CANT I POST TABLES INTO PAGES?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.