Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 hard drive corruption?

I Was using my computer just fine last night. Safari got stuck so I held the power down to try to restart. Upon restart I got the gray screen with blinking file question mark. I've done my research online and it appears it's a corrupted hard drive? I've looked at pretty much every tutorial out there but keep getting stuck. I've tried safe mode and such-still having the issue. I went into disk utility and practically everything is grayed out Including the terminal. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro and always upgrade to the latest OS. I don't have install discs. It's only giving me disc0 and Mac OS X base system. I can't perform any first aid nor erasing. the only thing it lets me modify if under Restore the source and destination. However if I click on image it won't let me select anything. any suggestions? any other info I need to provide? Please excuse any errors I've been a windows person all my life so trouble shooting on a Mac is very new to me.

MacBook Pro, OS X Server, Not sure what op system exactly

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:03 PM

6 replies

2012 hard drive corruption?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.