Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Toshiba HDDs with 'No Slices" using Disk Utility.

Having investigated this issue when my original Macbook Pro Toshiba HDD crashed last year, I now have the exact same issue with this new Toshiba HDD.

User uploaded file

Above are the stats per MBP. Next are two screenshots, using the Disk Utility Program to analyse the second failed Toshiba HD.

User uploaded file

Second screenshot..

User uploaded file

Both tests return the same results - Verify and Repair.

Anyone have any information regarding "No Slices" error ?

Does this indicate that it may be the internal HD connection cable or a HD controller problem ?

I have tested both drives in a NexStar External Hardware Enclosure (USB) to reduce other possible issues. Both drives returned the same result, as noted in the images above.

It appears strange that I now have two Toshiba drives ( 250Gb MK2555GSXF & 500Gb MQ01ABF050 ), years apart in manufacture dates (original MBP HD 2010 & 2014 maybe but not 100%), having the exact same issue. I am currently running a USB HDD connection to keep my MBP active and running.

Any other analysis of this ongoing issue would be greatly appreaciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 4:32 PM

There are no replies.

Two Toshiba HDDs with 'No Slices" using Disk Utility.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.