Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV doesnt network all devices can share

I finally swap over and have gone 100% Apple.

Now have a iMac, along with 2 apple TV's and numerous iphones and ipads.

Since moving to iMac, the apple TV's will not see that the computer library is on the network. apple ID etc all correct. Network works and tested.

The iMac can share across the network to all other devices. i.e. can go to video and share llibrary on ipad and see required videos.

The old Dell laptop can still stream to apple TV's successfully, the apple TV's still recognises that computer and its library.

I get the "make sure the computer is on the same network as your apple tv" message.

any ideas? I have turned off and on home sharing, the router / wifi, apple TV and iMac.

cheers

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:37 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:33 PM in response to mcr00k

Hi mcr00k,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your new configuration. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. If you continue to have issues sharing from your iMac to your Apple TV's, but not to other devices or from other devices to the Apple TV's, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Apple TV doesnt network all devices can share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.