Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iphone: how can the thief change the phone name?

Hello.

I have had 3 iphones stolen the last 5 months.

Finally I got a ping from one of the stolen iPhones. I could follow it for almost 2 months. Since I am in a country were the police wont do anything it does not help me that I have name/address of the thief.

But this strange thing happened last day/last ping I got from my stolen iPhone:

Somehow the device is removed from my "find my iphone" list and/or the device have changed name.

The device was locked with passcode/touch ID.

I have changed password AppleID 3 times since the phone was stolen (well: The police wanted my password/AppleID to track the phone. Somehow the thief got this information and I found out when my address book had 150 new entries from the thief).

I managed to change password and lock the phone remotely after that incident.

To bad I cant ask Apple any question.

How can a device be removed from my account? (I have not got any warnings that someone have logged into my iCloud account from a new device/location)

How can a thief change the name of a stolen iPhone that is locked with touchID/Password/passcode? (Iphone6). Is there still DFI attacks that can wipe the phones?

How can I check if my account is hacked?

Why cant I remotely detonate my iPhone? The battery would be a nice little bomb making the phone worthless?

(and F lazy Russian tourists police that just ask "what should we do" when I provide address/name/video of a person that have stolen stuff worth over 5000 dollars including iphones/Ipads)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:11 PM

There are no replies.

find my iphone: how can the thief change the phone name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.