Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from wired and bluetooth headphones, with video freeze.

Hello,

I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 on Mac mini with i7 quad core and 16gb RAM. I have a wired headphone from apple (iPhone), as well as Bose bluetooth headphone (AE2 SoundLink). As soon as I connect any 1 of these two devices, the video freezes (web, youtube, VLC, anything) and there's no sound through headphones. I have to then disconnect the headphone, exit the application (or force quit in case of web because normal quitting doesn't work) and restart the application/web-player with built-in Internal speakers selected as default Output device under sound preferencces. I have tried all device settings to modify, un-pairing and re-pairing the bluetooth, changing the default Output, Input sound preferences but nothing worked. Has anyone else faced such a situation? Also even after un-pairing the bluetooth headphones, it still appears in sound preferecnces - how do I completely remove all references to bluetooth headphone, so as to pair them again to get a fresh start?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:16 PM

There are no replies.

No sound from wired and bluetooth headphones, with video freeze.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.