Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhoto icon disappeared from the tool bar and when I try to open it from the launchpad I get a message that says iPhoto.app is not supported by this mac. I've been using it for eight months and have thousands of pictures there. What's going on?

on my macbook air, the iPhoto icon on the toolbar disappeared when I shut the computer down. When i try to open it from launchpad, I got a message saying that "iPhoto.app" is not supported by my Mac. What's going on?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Is the iPhoto icon showing crossed out? Like this?

User uploaded file

When you shot down your Mac, it may have installed a system update, that had been downloaded automatically.

Which version of MacOS X are you currently running? The newest MacOS X version 10.10.2 requires iPhoto 9.6.

Try to download and install the newest iPhoto version from the App Store "Featured" page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 7:15 PM in response to lcavise

Is the iPhoto icon showing crossed out? Like this?

User uploaded file

When you shot down your Mac, it may have installed a system update, that had been downloaded automatically.

Which version of MacOS X are you currently running? The newest MacOS X version 10.10.2 requires iPhoto 9.6.

Try to download and install the newest iPhoto version from the App Store "Featured" page.

The iPhoto icon disappeared from the tool bar and when I try to open it from the launchpad I get a message that says iPhoto.app is not supported by this mac. I've been using it for eight months and have thousands of pictures there. What's going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.