Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2010 no audio output

Recently my 2010 Macbook Pro's internal speakers stopped working. Whenever I try and use the keyboard to change the speaker volume, the screen comes up with the speaker image, but instead of the scale appearing below as usual, it produces a stop sign (circle with a line through it - I've attached a screenshot). Moreover, I can't change the volume in the bar at the top of the screen. Does anyone have any solutions? I've already been into system preferences, and the speakers are selected.User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:35 AM

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so. There is a little switch in the headphone jack that disconnects the speaker when the headphone jack is inserted.

Also

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 1:35 AM in response to temersonify

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so. There is a little switch in the headphone jack that disconnects the speaker when the headphone jack is inserted.

Also

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Macbook Pro 2010 no audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.