Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall Mozilla Firefox from my MacBook Pro?

I want to uninstall Mozilla Firefox from my MacBook Pro and am not sure how to go about it. I am looking for specific, step by step instructions. I have not tried anything yet (other than to try to find instructions on You Tube)

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:44 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:17 PM in response to anitaanded1

anitaanded1 wrote:

I want to uninstall Mozilla Firefox from my MacBook Pro...

Since the "FREAK OpenSSL bug" in the Mac which has been making the news over the last couple of days doesn't apply to Firefox but does affect Safari and other Mac browsers, you might want to hold off uninstalling for a bit. But if you must, drag the Firefox application to the Trash. Next, locate your Firefox profile in /Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles and drag that to the Trash too. Then empty the Trash.

How do I uninstall Mozilla Firefox from my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.