Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv stutters even though it plays flawlessly on my mac

The movie (which is a file on my computer) plays flawlessly and is great quality, but when i connect to the apple TV it begins to stutter and the sound pauses when to match the stuttering video. Again, it plays perfectly on my mac pro, but once i connect it to my apple TV it begins to stutter a lot. I tried messing with the resolutions, with teh exteneded desktop and all that, but it's still very hard to watch. The whole reason I got the apple tv was for me to stream movies from my computer to the apple tv, but if it can't do that, then whats the point? Am i doing something wrong? Is it something to do with the internet? Or with the apple tv? Or even my computer?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 9:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 9:27 PM in response to camfay

Its an issue with the local network. If you are using mirroring that will require even more resources from the network.

If on wifi try connecting Apple TV via Ethernet

To see a current status of the network you can go to istumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

If mirroring make sure there is no other activity (ie other streaming, network backups etc)

apple tv stutters even though it plays flawlessly on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.