Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My storage states 2.4gb of Photos on my ipad, but I only have 24 photos, how do I free up this memory?

I only have a small number of photos that add up to less than 30mb, but my storage in ipad states 2.4gb of photo memory, I have ran a number of cache cleaners and photo checkers but I cannot clear this excess memory.

When I try to sync it says to the imac it says it cannot locate the iphoto library

Any help would be appreciated

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:53 AM

Hello dannyboybell,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that there is a discrepancy in what you see for photo storage on your iPad. One step I would recommend in this situation would be to place your iPad into recovery mode and select Update when given the choice. This will not erase any of your content. The attached article doesn’t match your issue, but the troubleshooting steps I would suggest are similar.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

Have a great day,

Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 10:53 AM in response to dannyboybell

Hello dannyboybell,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that there is a discrepancy in what you see for photo storage on your iPad. One step I would recommend in this situation would be to place your iPad into recovery mode and select Update when given the choice. This will not erase any of your content. The attached article doesn’t match your issue, but the troubleshooting steps I would suggest are similar.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

Have a great day,

Joe

My storage states 2.4gb of Photos on my ipad, but I only have 24 photos, how do I free up this memory?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.