Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't hear my project in garageband 10.2

I have checked audio inputs and outputs in preferences. Nothing is soloed or muted. I've checked my system sound settings. I can see track playback and meter levels moving, but no audio. What's weird is when I open another project previously worked on, I can hear audio and all tracks fine. It's just this project for some reason.

The project sound was working until I did a mix down of it and shared to iTunes. Then I tried placing the mix down from iTunes back into my garageband project to master. I moved some tracks to better organize my screen. From that point on, I cannot hear the project at all. There is no ducking feature in this version of garage band so it can't be that. Please help. THANK YOU

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:04 AM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2017 4:50 AM in response to dodat

I just downgraded to 10.1.6. Luckily my mixes are still working.

In 10.2, the playhead in the editor flickers and disappear often, and, what is much worse, the playback volume is irregular, dropping suddenly. So, maybe you better downgrade as well. I suspect more faults will come up.

I used an iMac mid 2011 with 16 GB of RAM.

Can't hear my project in garageband 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.