Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage works for some numbers but not all

Hello all!

So I've run into a bit of a problem with my iMessage recently.

Currently I've been able to fix it for some of my iphone friends but there's one that I just can't seem to get to work.

So basically the rundown I did to fix it for the majority of my friends #'s was I

Turned off Imessage and Facetime

Restarted my phone

Turned on imessage and facetime

And that seemed to fix whatever was wrong with the majority of my friends.

However, there's one that just won't work..I know that he doesn't have texting on his iphone because where he lives he doesn't get service so he relies on wifi to use imessage..It was working fine until a couple weeks ago when I couldn't send anyone an imessage..and then randomly it started sending from my email. So upon searching the internet I got it to go back to my number but now I'm unable to text him anymore... It worked while on my email but once I got back on my number it didn't.!

I'm not quite sure if it's on my end or his..but I hope I can get some answers here!

Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:38 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 9:48 AM in response to hwestphal

Hello hwestphal,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you were not able to send iMessages to your contacts, and you've solved it by turning iMessage and FaceTime off and on again. It sounds like after this, your friend is not receiving iMessages because they are sending from your phone number.

Next, I'd suggest the steps in this article to make sure that your phone number is linked to your Apple ID (email address):

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Your friend may also want to try these steps on their iPhone when they are in range of cellular service.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

IMessage works for some numbers but not all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.