Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i can remove ios 8 from ipad

please help about remove ios 8 and install ios 6.1.6 on my ipad 2

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:54 PM

8 replies

Mar 5, 2015 8:54 AM in response to nsdjoey

Apple REALLY needs to change this . On the Windows side if, for example, a new OS proves to be buggy (like the early Windows 8) a user can get a DVD and reinstall Windows 7 SR3 until the bugs are fixed (Windows 8.1). The inability to a reversion to a previous iOS version is a REAL problem for us in that we lost mirroring between our iPads and our Promethean boards due to the 8.1.2 upgrade. The 8.1.3 upgrade partially fixed that problem, but not enough. I have posted the problem to Apple Enterprose Support, these Apple discussion forums, and a Mac Guru discussion group. So far we are just out of luck. It would be an easy fix, as described above, with a Microsoft product. I am going to recommend Chromebooks to the Administration in the future as a result of these problems.

Mar 5, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Technician7

You are comparing Apples to oranges.

An iPhone or iPad is not a computer. They work differently.

As it stands there's nothing preventing you from installing and older Operating system on a Mac computer after updating to a newer one.

A better comparison in this case would be to Microsoft's Windows Phones.- Which by the way you cannot downgrade to previous versions. i.e a Windows Phone 8 Phone cannot be downgraded to Windows Phone 7.5.

With that said, this is mostly done, because older systems stop being maintained and as such any vulnerabilities would not be fixed.

Also because unlike computers, Os updates also modify the firmware on the device to accept the newer version of iOS.

Installing an older version of iOS will not undo the Firmware modifications and as such can cause issues on the device, that would not be solvable because the firmware expects certain things on the OS that are not there on older versions.

With that said, All new IOS versions are always met with the "can you downgrade" question and complaints, but the question is what makes iOS 7 now so much better than iOS8 when it had the same general complaints when it was released and people wanted to go back to iOS 6?

In the end there's no real reason to go back, as in no circumstance is it likely to fix any of the issues experienced with the new iOS. New iOS versions get fixes and updates. old ones do not.

Mar 5, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Technician7

Technician7 wrote:

I am going to recommend Chromebooks to the Administration in the future as a result of these problems.

How are you going to downgrade those Chromebooks?

and what does Windows installer discs have to do with Chromebooks?

Chevy really needs to let me install old parts.

Since they don't I am going to recommend microwave ovens to our cooking staff...

how i can remove ios 8 from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.