Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop photos deleted from iPhone from being deleted in icloud?

If I delete photos from my phone it deletes then from icloud - I realise thats standard behaviour but how do I stop the photos uploaded to icloud from being deleted ? I need to free space on my phone but retain my photos in icloud.....

Cheers

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:27 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:43 AM in response to punyelroo

Hi punyelroo,

I hope the following passage answers your question:

How does iCloud Photo Library save space on my device?

If you turn on Optimize [device] Storage, iCloud Photo Library will automatically manage the size of your library on your iOS device, so you can make the most of your device's storage and access more photos than ever. iCloud Photo Library stores the original, high-resolution photos and videos in iCloud and can keep lightweight, device-optimized versions on each of your devices. As long as you have enough storage, recent photos and videos that you access the most will stay on your device at full resolution.

To turn on Optimize [device] Storage on your device, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos or Settings > Photos & Camera, then select Optimize [device] Storage. You need an Internet connection to access an original photo or video that’s stored only in iCloud.

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

With kind regards,

David

How do I stop photos deleted from iPhone from being deleted in icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.