Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Friends app deletes itself

Hi,

I have been facing with this weird problem. Find My Friends App is vanished from my device. I tried to install it again several times. Every time I install it, I can click on the "open" button that appears right after the installation, and the app opens up. However, there's no icon. So, when I close the app, I have to literally reinstall it from the app store every single time. That is, the app gets deleted for some weird reason. It simply disappears. Can't find it neither on the screen nor via the Spotlight search.

I did try the following:

1. Restart the iPhone

2. Reset the iPhone

3. Re-install the iOS

4. Install it via the iTunes on my mac

5. Install via the AppStore in my iPhone

6. Install it using a different Apple ID for a different country.

Unfortunately, none of the above helped. I tried to google it, and it seems it is a very rare issue and I could only find the following link that describes the problem. http://ios8release.com/curious-case-of-missing-apps-in-ios-8/

However, in their case, they can't even open it via the Appstore "open" button.

I am thinking this is some kind of bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Any feedbacks from be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3, bought from South Korea

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:35 AM

There are no replies.

Find My Friends app deletes itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.