Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow and Skipping

My Macbook pro is about 3 or 4 years old. It has never given me trouble. All of the sudden the last 2 weeks it has been getting slow. Its progressivley getting worse I can barely type without it pausing and giving me the wheel. I can't multitask and its now not playing video or music without skipping, pausing randomly and then there is no sound at all. I have tried several different virus scanning and cleaning techniques and none seem to help because they all say nothing is wrong. There is no unusual sound or anything I can find thats wrong. Battery doesn't seem to be decreasing at an unusual rate.

Does anybody know what is going on and what I do about it? Need more information?

Please and thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:12 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:01 AM in response to Settlemyer20

First, this is not caused by malware, but it's highly likely the problem has worsened as a result of having multiple anti-virus apps installed. Uninstall all of those apps. Be sure to use the proper uninstaller that came with each anti-virus app. Do not just drag the app to the trash (unless the app came from the App Store), and do not use junky generalized "uninstall" apps like AppZapper, AppCleaner, CleanMyMac, etc.

Next, download EtreCheck:

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Run it and post a copy of the report it generates here.

Slow and Skipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.