Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder stopped showing file info

Running OSX 10.6.8 on iMac. Recently noticed that Finder has stopped showing file info and thumbnails when I click on files in list view with columns. Repairing privileges and restarting has not resolved the problem. I'm able to see file info when I hit command-I, but otherwise, simply clicking on the file name no longer shows the mini preview that's so convenient. How to restore this function in Finder?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Epson Stylus Photo T60 (via USB)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:50 AM

Long shot probably.

Do a backup.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Re-launch Finder by restarting the computer and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 6:50 AM in response to chankirtan

Long shot probably.

Do a backup.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Re-launch Finder by restarting the computer and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Finder stopped showing file info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.