Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

me.com

Once, years ago, a me.com account was created.

I never used it but I have an identification "my name"1@me.com

I have no idea what code I used in the nineties.

Now, quite suddenly, in my iPhone and iPad when I am trying to update some apps, system asks för the code for updating.

The ID is "my name"@me.com

System says that a mail is sent, but where?

I have one mailaccount that I normally use,one that I have changed on the same server, one gmail.com and one iCloud.com i.e. 4 different accounts

If I have a code for Apple-ID, is the same code applicable for which account; iCloud, gmail.com, me.com ?

How can I make system to ask for some of the accounts I use?

How can I restore account me.com? Is there a mailbox for me.com? How can I find that mailbox?

I am complitly lost among these different account and how code/codes refer to each other.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, And a new MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:49 AM

Passwords (codes?) are what you set - only you know which password you use for which website/account/etc. It is always a good idea to keep a log of your passwords (I can't remember all of mine either) of use a password manager. And, apparently, you gave Apple a second email address for rescue or verification purposes, which is where the email is being sent to.

And it appears that you used your old me.com address for your Apple ID at some point and that is why your applications/purchases at the app store are asking for that password. Anything you download is tied to the Apple ID you used to obtain it forever and is not transferable.

After going through all of your accounts (and noting all the info/passwords), I'd suggest you contact Apple.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 7:49 AM in response to thorstenfromuppsala

Passwords (codes?) are what you set - only you know which password you use for which website/account/etc. It is always a good idea to keep a log of your passwords (I can't remember all of mine either) of use a password manager. And, apparently, you gave Apple a second email address for rescue or verification purposes, which is where the email is being sent to.

And it appears that you used your old me.com address for your Apple ID at some point and that is why your applications/purchases at the app store are asking for that password. Anything you download is tied to the Apple ID you used to obtain it forever and is not transferable.

After going through all of your accounts (and noting all the info/passwords), I'd suggest you contact Apple.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

me.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.