Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11, 12 Gapless Playback Not working anymore ***?

On 9/12/2006 Steve Jobs Keynote stated:

10:06AM - "You might be listening to Abbey Road or Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, and one track doesn't flow seamlessly into the next. We are going to put this back together as it was intended and offer Gapless Playback for songs encoded with MP3, AAC, and Apple Lossless.

Up until then itunes & iPods were limited in that you’d have a gap between songs that flowed together. CD's naturally had no gap problems.

So it was a very needed feature. I personally produced mixed tapes on cassettes & reel to reel and until Gapless Playback was released itunes was useless for me and others in the recording industry.

The last few versions of itunes 11,12 i guess I noticed gaps between songs, I thought it was broken? After reading many blogs I find out that Apple has an Auto Gapless Playback?? And It doesn’t work right?? This needs to be controllable or put this feature back in completely. Your not removing a floppy disc this is a needed feature that HAS TO WORK. Or make it work in Playlists??

Can anyone shed more light on this subject??

Geez Apple!!!

-AFunk

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 11:02 PM

1 reply

iTunes 11, 12 Gapless Playback Not working anymore ***?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.