Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I change the colour (or hightlight) some of the bars in a bar chart in Keynote?

I am using Keynote 6.2.2. I have prepared a chart which displays the quarterly income (as a points on a line) and expenditure (as bars) for the past 3 years. I wish to highlight the Q1 expenditure bars for comparison reasons. At the moment all the bars are coloured red (and the income lines, blue). How can I either change the colours of just the Q1 expenditure bars for each year?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:35 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for your help on this, Gary, but I'm still struggling. When I clicked on the plot columns button my chart when haywire from thisUser uploaded file

where the blue line is income and red columns, expenditure for each quarter, to this:

User uploaded file

As you point out, I can re-colour one column in this view, but it is a meaningless view!

Thus I re-arranged the chart data by entering it into two columns in the columns view, but then cannot re-colour a single column.

Mar 5, 2015 11:43 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary, your graph only has one line of data and, yes I can replicate this. My problem is having two different sets of data (income - the point joined by a line and expenditure - the columns) and only wanting to highlight the columns for Q1. I have cobbled together a work around by creating two separate charts: one for income (a line graph) and one for expenditure (a column chart) and ensuring they overlay exactly. Not exactly neat, but achieves the visual result:User uploaded file

For some reason I cannot take a screenshot to the data table - it disappears whenever I open 'Grab'!

How to I change the colour (or hightlight) some of the bars in a bar chart in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.