Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X Mavericks Midi issue with Roland FP-4 Keyboard

Hi there,

I have been using my FP-4 for donkeys years with Logic without issue.

Since upgrading to both Logic Pro X and Mavericks I have encountered this.

Whenever I have the FP-4 connected via USB, Logic X seems to trigger a C note on every beat. Forever.....!

It doesn't happen with Garageband.

Wondered if anyone had any experience of this here?

I have updated the FP-4 to the latest drivers from the Roland site and have all software up to date.

I understand that the FP-4 is not supported for use with Mavericks, but always worth a try!?

There's no formula for recreating the error - Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes (but not always) a restart resolves the issue.

I play live in theatres using this set up, so I can't risk it suddenly happening mid show!

Spec below.

Macbook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 sound card interface.

FP-4 with latest midi drives installed on Mac.

Maverics 10.9.5

Logic X 10.1.1

Thanks

Ben

LOGIC PRO X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:30 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 12:04 PM in response to benosullivan

Sounds like the Control Surfaces file may be corrupted.

With Logic not running.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (Note: Type exactly as written ~/Library/Preferences
Press the Go button.
Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder. It will be rebuilt next time Logic starts.

This is the same location as the Logic's preference file com.apple.logic10.plist I don't think you need to delete it. If you do it will trash any custom key commands and reset some preferences.

Alternately, you can open the Control Surface editor and see what's sending a signal and disable it.

Logic X Mavericks Midi issue with Roland FP-4 Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.