Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have several purchased books in iBook, but although it says 'downloaded' against a title I cannot access it offline. I would appreciate some help please

IiBooks - inability to read offline ('downloaded' is shown against tittle)

ipad Version 8.1.3

available memory 1.2gb

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:59 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:54 AM in response to AnnPotter

That sounds like you are viewing the Purchased tab in the iBooks, which is part of the iBookstore and allows you to redownload your past ibook purchases (whilst they remain in the store). Tap on the My Books tab at the bottom left of the app to go back to the bookshelf in the app and your downloaded and/or synced books should show there - if the bookshelf is empty then tap the collection name above the top middle of the bookshelf and select the 'All' or 'Books' collection instead and see if your books then show on the bookshelf.

I have several purchased books in iBook, but although it says 'downloaded' against a title I cannot access it offline. I would appreciate some help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.