Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Export deleted folder - HELP!

I'm an idiot. While exporting a single Keynote file to my desktop as a jpg, I mistakenly named the export folder the same name as an existing folder and then clicked yes to replace the previous folder. Is there any way to recover the folder and contents that I overwrote? It is an extremely important folder with a huge amount of data.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:11 AM

I think your only hope is data recovery software.

I have used Data Rescue for many years and have been astonished at how effective it has been.

One example - I'v recovered most of the contents of a drive that was reformatted twice.

Recovering an over-written folder is a difficult one to sort out but its certainly worth a try.

The same company have image recovery software (its a lot cheaper) if the folder you lost contains only image files.

There is a free a free demo for all there products here:

Data Rescue 4

Please post back and let us know the outcome.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:11 AM in response to JimBerlin

I think your only hope is data recovery software.

I have used Data Rescue for many years and have been astonished at how effective it has been.

One example - I'v recovered most of the contents of a drive that was reformatted twice.

Recovering an over-written folder is a difficult one to sort out but its certainly worth a try.

The same company have image recovery software (its a lot cheaper) if the folder you lost contains only image files.

There is a free a free demo for all there products here:

Data Rescue 4

Please post back and let us know the outcome.

Keynote Export deleted folder - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.