Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync songs from soundcloud or datpiff

I downloaded the mixtape acid raps by chance the rapper to my computer from datpiff, which is a site that lets you download mixtapes that artists post to it. So I tried to sync it by clicking add files to library, it took me to the file (which had the itunes thumbnail because I selected it to be opened with itunes from the download) so I selected it and opened this but nothing happened. Is this the way I'm even supposed to do this? Thanks for answering.

I'm using windows if that helps, also I plan on putting it on my iPhone 5c so if there's anything I need to know about that, I'd appreciate the help.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:02 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:48 AM in response to brodielegendary

It sounds like you have inadvertently associated .zip files with iTunes. iTunes doesn't know what to do with them and will simply ignore the attempt to get it to open them. Run the .zip repair tool from this page: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restor e.html

Windows Explorer should be able to unpack the .mp3 files from .zip file once you have repaired things, if not try installing 7-Zip.

tt2

Mar 5, 2015 11:19 AM in response to turingtest2

I don't exactly know what I did wrong, but I tried following the instructions, I downloaded .zip .reg and .mp3 because I wasn't sure which one I needed to download to turn it into an mp3 file, I tried merging it but it didn't really work, then I tried restarting and still nothing. I actually have windows 8, so I probably should have said that, but I'm not sure if that's the problem. I won't lie I'm not the most tech savvy either, so my question is what type of file do I need to download from that site, and what exactly do I need to do with it? Sorry again and thanks if you get back to me.

Also, when I open the file from settings without trying to add it to my library from itunes, it has all the songs in there and they're all mp3 files, its just the folder that's a .zip file. Not sure if that's important.

Mar 5, 2015 11:49 AM in response to brodielegendary

I only had a brief look at the datpiff site but it seems you can download individual tracks in .mp3 format which should be able to play in iTunes or any other media player straight away. You can also download complete albums as single file in .zip format. Zip files are a long established way of packaging multiple files into one container so that they can be downloaded as a unit. At your end you either use Windows Explorer's built in features to open up the .zip file like any other folder on your computer and copy the contents to your main file system, or you use a third party tool like 7-Zip. For iTunes a good place to copy the files to is ..\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes as this will add them to the library and move them to the correct location within your media folder.

tt2

How do I sync songs from soundcloud or datpiff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.