Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install more than one configurator profile

I want to develop 3 or maybe 4 layers of iPad iOS8 restrictions & Passcode rules.

For example ALL iPads will have enforced Passcode rules, but only SOME iPads ill require content filtering & SOME require Control centre in lock mode.

The actual working groups of iPads require a lot more complicated set of config elements - above is only an example.

I'd like to create & install different profiles & INSTALL MORE THAN ONE PROFILE.

I have tested this on a few iPads & it seems to work.

My question is - Is this the recommended way / is there a problem if i install more that one profile ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards

George kennedy.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.1.2, NIHE COPE device.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:55 PM

This is a common way of doing things. Don't know how they add together.

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 8:26 AM in response to GeoKen102938

We install many configuration profiles on each of our devices. We only use one payload per configuration profile so that we can be very granular with our configurations. What I don't know is what would happen if you installed 2 configuration profiles with conflicting restrictions (i.e. one configuration profile allows Messages, and another does not allow Messages). We just make sure we install only one restrictions configuration profile, and then a bunch of other configuration profiles (mail and calendar settings, web clips, WiFi profiles, etc) on each device.

Hope this helps!

~Joe

Can I install more than one configurator profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.