Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

been into the terminal! can an expert help me out with a remote connection?

Hi I was trying to rid my mac of malware and changed permissions on boot disk and also been in terminal, been trying various things for about a week and cannot recover 😟

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 4:12 AM

What have you tried?

Have you tried booting into Recovery and using Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility?

Do you have a backup?

If yes, erase the drive and reinstall from the backup or migrate from the backup after install.

8 replies

Mar 13, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Barney-15E

Sorry late reply, yes for a while i couldn't unmount hard drive or even format because i had changed the permissions, i have since gained access and format the hard drive and reinstalled Yosemite 🙂 how ever this all stems from suspected hacking or malware, I'm not a computer genius (I'm a mechanic and auto elec of 13 years) and i know when somethings not supposed to be! All time machine files were rendered useless and which is how i ended up changing the permissions, i have strange start up logs and any help would be appreciated?

Mar 13, 2015 6:45 AM in response to boboing

Unless you give someone physical control of your Mac, or allow them to log into your Mac, hacking is highly unlikely.

Please post details of your inability to access your Time Machine backups, ie where are they stored, how did you try to access them, what errors were you seeing?

There are a lot of weird messages in the startup log. Just because they look odd doesn't mean they are nefarious.

You you can post that and someone may be able to interpret.

been into the terminal! can an expert help me out with a remote connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.