Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring apps etc from iPhone to iPad

Hi guys,

I have an iPhone 4 running ios 6.1.3 and have just ordered a new iPad.

I have read that the best way to transfer info from the iPhone to iPad is using the 'restore backup' via iTunes, however I am a bit concerned that this might not be possible if I am using a different os on each device (I don't want to upgrade the os on the iPhone because I believe there are performance issues running the iPhone 4 on ios 7).

I guess I will be able to easily download my music and photos etc to the iPad from my pc using iTunes, but what about the apps and other iTunes purchases - what is the best way to get these onto my new iPad? (nb - I don't use iCloud - so that's not an option).

Thanks, in advance, for your help,

Dicemanc

iPad Air

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:22 AM

You can restore your new iPad with a backup from your iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3. You can always restore an iDevice running a higher (or equal) iOS level with a backup from an iDevice running a lower (or equal) iOS level. It's the other way round that's a problem.

2 replies

Transferring apps etc from iPhone to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.