Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot access icloud using my apple id, although it works for itunes account

Initial problem was when starting icloud for first time it continued indicating "upgrading" this went on for hours. I exited and tried to log in icloud again but this time I got the message "unsupported apple id" although this is my id and email adrress. I don't know how to overcome this.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:07 AM in response to gshirref

Greetings gshirref,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are receiving an error that you are using an unsupported Apple ID while trying to sign into iCloud. For information on this alert, please review the attached article.

iCloud: Account troubleshooting - Apple Support

I get an “Unsupported Apple ID” error when I try to sign in to iCloud from my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you may not be able to create an iCloud account with your current Apple ID. If your Apple ID works with the iTunes Store, App Store, Game Center, FaceTime, or other Apple services, your Apple ID should work for iCloud. Also, if you created your Apple ID while you applied for a job at jobs.apple.com, your Apple ID should work for iCloud. If you can't use your Apple ID with any Apple services, it might not be compatible with iCloud. Contact iCloud Support for assistance.

Cheers,

Joe

Mar 7, 2015 1:44 AM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks Joe,

I have had partial success; the only way I could achieve it was to establish a new Apple ID for the the icloud when in the icloud sign in page on the iphone. This worked and the phone now speaks to the icloud.

Not completely fixed as now I have 2 icloud accounts ?

I then tried to log into icloud from the ipad, guess what, the new apple id returned the message "unsupported apple id". I am reluctant to create a further apple id as I feel that the hole that I am digging is getting deeper.

Perhaps a visit to the nearest Apple Store will suffice.

Regards

Gordon

I cannot access icloud using my apple id, although it works for itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.