Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An app will not completely download from the App Store to my iPhone 5S. Neither can I terminate the download by trying to delete it. The app is useless to me and so I would like to remove the icon from my home screen. How can I do this?

I tried to download the app "Google Translate" from the App Store onto my iPhone 5s. However, the download will not complete. As well, when I try to delete the icon from my home screen, it will not go away. I am very frustrated as this has never happened before and I have gotten many paid and free apps from the App Store. I hope someone can solve my dilemma. Thank you kindly.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, Updated today. Wish I hadnt.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:14 AM

What have you tried to get the app to finish downloading e.g. have you tried logging out and back into your account on your phone, disconnecting and reconnecting to your network, soft-reset of your phone (press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, ignore the red slider, after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot) ?

You could also try downloading the update on your computer's iTunes and see if you can sync it over to your phone (or delete the app its Apps tab when connected to your computer's iTunes and sync the new version - deleting the app will delete its contents).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 10:14 AM in response to shannyannie

What have you tried to get the app to finish downloading e.g. have you tried logging out and back into your account on your phone, disconnecting and reconnecting to your network, soft-reset of your phone (press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, ignore the red slider, after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot) ?

You could also try downloading the update on your computer's iTunes and see if you can sync it over to your phone (or delete the app its Apps tab when connected to your computer's iTunes and sync the new version - deleting the app will delete its contents).

An app will not completely download from the App Store to my iPhone 5S. Neither can I terminate the download by trying to delete it. The app is useless to me and so I would like to remove the icon from my home screen. How can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.