Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No cards in Contacts. The Group names and names of my contacts are visible, but all other data not. It is impossible to use Time Machine for setting old data back. Exports from the Cloud are refused with indication CoreDAVErrorDomain fout 1

MacBookPro4,1 OS X 10.9.5 (13F34). My programme Contacts Versie 8.0 (1371.2) does not show the cards anymore. On the left side the Groups and names of contacts are visible, but the cards are not visible. In my mail programme the destination could normally be chosen from the contacts, but now the names and the e-mail adresses are visisble, but they cannot be used, for they cannot be selected.

If I export an address to Contacts from the ICloud I get the information: CoreDAVErrorDomain fout 1 (fout is mistake).

When I try to use time machine and try to set back the programme Contacts from the Time Machine, it states that IOS does not allow this. Apparently there is some programme blocking the use of the library of contacts.

The advise was to reinstall the software, but that is a **** of a job, which I preferable execute with a new machin.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:43 AM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2016 1:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

Since yesterday I have the same problem (only names & groups but no more contact details) in the Contacts app while using an iMac with macos Sierra. My contact details are still visible in iCloud and in my iPhone and iPad.

Moreover, I can also no longer access my Gmail contact details in the Contacts app on my iMac. Finally, I now have 21 rows labelled Gmail Address Book in the Contacts app on my iMac. I suppose that each time I open the Contacts app on my iMac another row appears..........

No cards in Contacts. The Group names and names of my contacts are visible, but all other data not. It is impossible to use Time Machine for setting old data back. Exports from the Cloud are refused with indication CoreDAVErrorDomain fout 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.