Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes asks constantly for my password

Hi there,

my itunes account asks constantly for my password which is quite annoying.

(before the question pops up whether I am entering the correct password: Yes I am.)

The computer on which itunes is installed is the authorized computer.

Does anyone out there know why?

Thanks for your help in advance.

K.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:01 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:40 AM in response to KristinaD

Greetings KristinaD,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds to me like you are receiving repeated prompts in iTunes to authorize your computer. If this is the case, there may be a couple of different causes for this behavior. Please read over and work through the troubleshooting steps located in the attached article for help resolving this issue.

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Mar 6, 2015 9:01 PM in response to AppleJoe

Unfortunately Joe, this suggestion from Apple Support does not help. I think it may only be relevant to playing music purchased in certain circumstances.

My problem persists on 4 Apple products ( iPad, iPad mini, Mac minis x2 ). Each has been authorized under the same account to download and play the music files. Still getting multiple requests for password.

Mar 8, 2015 3:17 AM in response to KristinaD

Thanks Joe.

I have no problem playing music purchased via itunes etc.

As mentioned the computer on which this problem persists is the authorized computer.

I am using the correct Apple ID and entering the correct password. (also when I get asked for the password I have to enter it several times.)

The request to reenter the password does not happen every time I turn on itunes.

Just every now and again. Maybe every 2-3-4th time I turn on itunes.

itunes asks constantly for my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.