Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Slice at transient markers" with grouped tracks - bug?

So with the 10.1 update they allow "Slice at transient markers" with regions up to 256 bars. Finally a great way to edit multitrack drums like in ProTools beat detective. The thing is that sometimes it doesn't work as it should, and sometimes it does, it must be a bug. So, this is what I do:

1. Group my drum tracks and choose "Editing" and "Phase-Locked Audio" in the group settings

2. Choose my q-tracks with the little green q (often kick and snare) and edit my transient markers

3. Select "Slice at transient markers"

Sometimes it slices all the tracks in the same places allowing me to quantize and crossfade, BUT, sometimes it slices the tracks at their INDIVIDUAL transient markers, the kick track where the kick plays and the snare track where the snare plays and so on, like it's neglecting my selected q-tracks. I can't work with that. I can't find a pattern when it does this and when it doesn't. Is it a bug? Is there a workaround? I need help!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:16 AM

There are no replies.

"Slice at transient markers" with grouped tracks - bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.